The Making Trade Life Easier Van Vault Give-Away will be run across Facebook and Twitter. For entry into the Buildbase Making Trade Life Easier Van Vault Give-Away (the “Competition”) the following terms and conditions (‘Terms and Conditions’) apply:
1. Unless the Promoter expressly agrees otherwise in writing, the Competition excludes and is not available to:
a. Any and all current employees of the Promoter (Grafton Merchanting GB), its group companies, or their immediate family members.
b. Any and all employees of any agencies or any other person officially connected with the Competition or their immediate family members.
2. The Participant must be aged 18 or over and live in mainland United Kingdom.
3. The Competition will run from 09:00 am Wednesday 3rd November 2021 to midnight on Friday 3rd December any entries received before the open date or after the closing date will not be counted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, or incomplete entries whatever the cause, including entries which cannot be viewed due to social media privacy settings. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
4. This competition is free to enter; no purchase is necessary. Entrants will need access to the internet and to have a Facebook, or Twitter account. They will also need to own an email account and use this to sign up to receive marketing and information emails from Buildbase. They entrant retains their right to opt out of the marketing and information emails at any point after they have initially signed up for entree into this competition.
5. To enter the Competition and become an ‘Entrant’, the participant is required to (1) Enter their name and email address into the supplied form (2) Agree to receive marketing and information emails from Buildbase.
6. By submitting an image or description in the form of a comment the entrant is hereby giving the Promoter permission to use this submitted content within social media posts and marketing materials indefinitely.
7. The Winners from all valid and correct entries will be chosen at random by the Marketing Team at Buildbase UK. The winners will be notified via Email before 05:00 pm Wednesday 8th December 2021 and will be asked to provide further contact details including address. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 72 hours of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and pick a replacement winner.
8. The Winners will receive the Prize by recorded delivery within one month, following the confirmation of delivery information from the Winner. There is 1 prize of a Van Vault 2 to be won. The prize is non-negotiable.
9. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any costs incurred by Entrants associated with the Competition. Expenses which are not specifically stated to be included in the prize are not included in the Prize and shall be for the Winner's own account.
10. The Promoter cannot accept liability for any system failures, network errors, hacks on the system, personal computer issues or any other issue out of their reasonable control.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative Prize of equal or greater value without giving notice. No cash alternative will be given. Unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Promoter, the Prize will only be awarded directly to the Winner.
12. Entrants, by submitting an Entry, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrants it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the Competition or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour, for example, inappropriate or offensive comments or photographs on the promotion posts. The Promoter reserves the right to use their discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction they deem appropriate.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
14.. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely for the purposes of the administration of this Competition and shall process such information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
16. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or any other social network and Entrants release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter of any and all liability in relation to this Competition. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to any other party.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, withdraw or terminate this Competition, or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice or compensation due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, if the event is postponed or in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
18. The Competition is a standalone promotion and does not amend normal terms and conditions of trading as between the Promoter and the Participant, which will continue to apply.
19. This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of -or in connection with this Competition.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, personal injury, death or disappointment incurred or suffered by an Entrant or his/her family or accompanying companions as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death, personal injury, fraud, or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
21. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for the quality of the prize. Any issues with the product included in the prize must be taken up with the original manufacture of the prize directly.
23. Subject to the Participants taxation status, the Prize may be a taxable benefit and subject to tax and/or National Insurance; The Promoter accepts no liability whatsoever in respect of payment of tax or National Insurance or for notification of the benefit earned by a user to any tax authorities. For further information, the Participant should contact its nearest Inland Revenue Office.
24. The Promoter is Grafton Merchanting GB, (company number 4725313) whose registered office is at Boundary House, 2 Wythall Green Way, Wythall, Birmingham, B47 6LW